Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Coming Attractions... In A World...

...Samuel L. Bronkowitz Presents:  "Shut'cher Gobbige Mowf!"



This is a sneak preview of my relaunched blog.  Here is what you can expect when I tell people to "shut they gobbige mowfs"...

You can expect face-meltingly awesome satire, like a sneak preview from R. Kelly's memoirs.

You can expect scathing commentary, such as my thoughts on Republican Convention's "Tribute To 9/11."

When conservatives first started railing about "taking the country back", I had something to say.

There may even be more personal posts as well.

Stay tuned!

Now, let me answer some questions that no one have asked.

Q:  Why that title?  What does it mean?
A:  When I was in Paratrooper school, one of the Airborne instructors was possibly psychotic.  One of his favorite quotes was "Shut your garbage mouths", especially when we expressed our agony at doing a metric ton of push-ups, or when we expressed dismay at practicing our drops onto a steel rebar beam that poked through the sawdust.  And then there was the bunny-hops.  Oh, the bunny hops.

Q:  Are the above things the only things you'll talk about?
A:  No.  I'm a liberal/progressive Christian, and I will talk about all of the things out there that work my nerves... like the Evangelical Right's distortion of Christianity, racism, local politics, national politics, pop culture, the fact that I Used To Love H.E.R. (tm - Common), and so forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment